Call of Duty World at War Zombies :: Forums :: Custom Projects :: Support

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
where put the file?
Moderators: smithster, dcslim
Author Post
pontan_pro
Tue Jan 13 2009, 06:01PM
Registered Member #4227
i have vista and where should i put the maps?? in xp you put it in C\document.......but where in vista???
toadina
Tue Jan 13 2009, 06:58PM
toadina
Registered Member #987
C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE\AppData\Local\Acti vision\CoDWaW\mods\

to show hidden files in vista click on control panel / classic view /folder options / view /

then just click on show hidden files

if mods folder aint in C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE\AppData\Local\Acti vision\CoDWaW\mods\

then you will av to make one but make sure u name it "mods"

heres a screen shot of how ya mods folder ment to look like once the map(s) been put in
as ive seen ppl just putting in the load.ff files in there and the other files in stead of putting
in the folder of the map

[ Edited Tue Jan 13 2009, 07:40PM ]
godfather85
Tue Jan 13 2009, 07:34PM
Registered Member #2339
sorry ppl but i havr to say this this question has been asked many time look it up n stop being lazy
Scorp
Tue Jan 13 2009, 10:21PM
Registered Member #2
Yes, thats one of the reasons why mappers provide readme's.
ninja
Wed Jan 14 2009, 11:59PM
Registered Member #4278
Ok Im not trying to be a pain in anyway possible. But I just spent 4 hours trying to figure it out. I have XP. I went to C drive, Program files, Activision. Now right tthere was the default spot so I did it there. Now is that the right spot or not? Cus when I go to activate the mod Its not there. So I talked around and they say you have to place it under the mods folder. Which aparently I dont have. Or at least kant find under anything activision. And so I decided to creat a new folder named Mods and blank still no luck. Im sorry if you think im lazy I just cant find anything on the internet about it. And ppl who said they knew wouldnt tell me. Cus they were busy. So Im pissed tired and frustrated this game is nothing but a pain. But plz do help me Im not trying to sound obnoxious.

P.S. When I say this game is a pain I mean it. (I can only play 2 maps. Cliffside, Makin)
godfather85
Thu Jan 15 2009, 12:53PM
Registered Member #2339

XP

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_PROFILE\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\

Vista

C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\

notice the local settings to viw this go to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_PROFILE\
click tools then folder options once ther chose the view tab and make sure {view hidden files and folder} has a green dot next to it then you will see local settings and so on ok.

please noone ask this again
ninja
Thu Jan 15 2009, 04:33PM
Registered Member #4278
Thank you so much man. I did 4 hours of search yesterday another 2 this morn and another 1 at 10. Thank you so much guys TY

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF